The Rectory is located in a delightful early 19th Century residence. It is nestled in a woodland setting overlooking the scenic West Cork harbour of Glandore, one of Ireland's most beautiful sea inlets. The Rectory is a unique family run business set apart from the typical venue in that it is primarily a private family home but opens it's doors for for special events. It has all the charms of a Seaside Country House and advantages of a hotel but none of the disadvantages with no ties or impositions to accommodation.
The Rectory offers Group Services/Events such as House Parties ranging from Birthday, Anniversary or Family Gathering dinners with allowing Evening Music & Entertainment to West Cork Corporate & Business Events such as Conferencing, Launch Parties, Team Building or Gala Events. The Rectory has been used on occasion as a West Cork Film and Photo Shoot Set Location by National and International Companies. This is not suprising considering the fantastic Seaside Country House it is with its accompanied stunning backdrop of Glandore Harbours Coastline.
We are possibly most known for specializing in West Cork Weddings at the Rectory with a unique and intimate environment. There are plenty of West Cork Wedding Church Ceremony Locations to choose from or perhaps you want to use the Rectory as your West Cork Civil Ceremony Location. If you really want that intimate and personal wedding the best way to achieve this is opt for a venue that has a max capacity like the Rectory. Family and friends are far more forgiving about the guest list when you do this and tend not to put pressure to invite guests you are not as familiar with. With the addition of evening guests and help from our Rectory FAQs on wedding guests list numbers you'll find the Rectory is a win, win choice.
It's large, bright dining rooms, in glowing reds, greens and blues, provide a perfect setting for all occasions
- Full Day Sit Down Packages are geared at Chic Weddings and Dinner Parties with up to 120 guests all seated in the main house with additional 80 evening guests. (March - Oct) or otherwise max of 200 onsite guests. Where numbers exceed 120 we have an alterantive option for addtional seating e.g. 120-160 guests using the marquee for additional dining if required which can be discussed on an individual basis. We are always open minded and willing to work with new ideas provided you can do the same and trust our knowledge of whether options will work in the Rectory. While something works in one place it may not be the same for others and requires a workaround that suits everyone.
Outside of these months 100 guests with additional 60 evening can be catered to).
Tues-Thurs Min Guests 45 (May, June, July, Aug, Sept) (Restricted Access)
Fri/Sat Min Guests 75
Venue Exclusivity Min Guests 75 *
*(Access to ground level to include Blue room (Includes full Bar facilities), Restaurant (Red & Green Rooms), Hallway (Inner Pink Room & Outer Foyer), Restrooms and access to lawns.
- Midweek Informal BBQ/Buffet options for evenings can be arranged. These are ideal for large private birthday, anniversary or corporate parties where there is a mix of seated and standing guests. These are designed for a minimum number of 45 guests midweek (75 for weekends/exclusivity where available. Please check additional terms). A max of 150 guests can be catered to in this instance.
Evening Cocktail Packages are recommended for fundraisers, club, corporate and larger group events with up to 160-200 guests pending season where there is a mix of seated and standing guests. Minimum midweek numbers vary from 75 to 100 with weekends from 100 to 125.
Onsite Midweek Ceremony Packages Min 25 guests and up to 200. Outdoor Garden Ceremony overlooking the harbour or indoor ceremony with seaviews overlooking the lawn and harbour.
To see our full Rectory 2013 Full Day Dinner Party Pricelist recommended for Weddings you will be required to login. Please register if you have not used this site before.
- Exclusive Private Party Venue
- Listed Georgian Building
- Overlooking Glandore Harbour
- Free Carparking
- Country Setting on the waterfront of Glandore Harbour
- Only 1 hours drive from Cork Airport